With a classic scarf in the wardrobe, any woman can create a stand-out look and make a statement effortlessly in her dressing. This old-school wardrobe staple isn’t going anywhere anytime shortly but is here to stay forever and rule the fashion world. So, we’d better learn to wear these chic ladies’ scarves UK elegantly to slay.
How do you make a scarf look elegant?
Here is how you can make a scarf look elegant!
Wear Your Scarf As A Headband!
It would be great throwing away your headbands and getting an adorable scarf for your hair. You can tie it as a headband to accessorise your hair and let that accessory pop your overall look!
Wear Your Scarf As A Shawl!
This one is another simplest way of wearing a scarf like an elegant lady without any hassle. You only need to wrap it over your neck and make a slightly loose knot at the front.
Wear Your Scarf As A Handbag Style!
If you want to look more glamorous than ever, don’t forget to tie your scarf to your handbag. It might seem simple to you but looks flattering as hell.
You can tie your scarf as a bow on your bag’s strap and that’s it!
Wear Your Scarf Over Your Wrist!
Do you think that only wristwatches look good over the wrist? Let’s give this opportunity to the small scarves as well. Tie a tiny silk scarf over your wrist and knot it. You can either wear it alone or alongside your wristwatch.
Wear Your Scarf Around The Neck!
Draping a scarf near your neck is the simplest and easiest way of donning a scarf. Lay your favourite crinkle chiffon scarf open over your neck and let it dangle effortlessly on your chest.
Wear Your Scarf Like A Bow Tie Fashion!
A bow tie is one of the closet’s staples, and if you don’t have one, your scarf can help you create one and slay. You can effortlessly style your scarf like a bowtie by neatly and gracefully folding it like a bow over your neck.
To look the best, chic and elegant when donning a scarf, you have to pick up the best one!
Choose a Scarf In Various Shapes & lengths!
With many women’s scarves of different shapes and lengths, you’ve always got an excellent way of playing around and experimenting with them as you wear them casually or dress up for a special occasion or any formal event. The shape, length and texture of the scarf depend on the formality of your attire, the weather and the occasion too.
This is especially good as you will not be repeating the same scarf day after day; hence preventing scarf boredom.
Here are some of the basic types of scarves an elegant lady must own:
- A large square scarf
- A small square scarf
- A long rectangular scarf
- A small rectangular scarf
Shop Scarves According To The Weather!
The weather will most surely determine the type of scarf you’ll purchase because its fabric and thickness will need to be considered.
Scarves for the Winter Season!
- Most winter scarves are generally more casual and made of cashmere, fleece, wool, alpaca or heavy cotton.
- You’ll notice that most of them are thicker to offer maximum warmth and comfort around the neck for the weather.
- Most of them are knitted too.
Scarves for the Summer Season!
Scarves for the summer months are usually thinner and made of linen and silk. Silk and linen are the most elegant and sophisticated fabrics to make thinner scarves.
Shop According To The Formality Of the Event & Occasion!
- Apart from purchasing scarves for different seasons or weather, you also need to keep in mind the occasion or the event where you’ll wear the scarf.
- Essentially, your wardrobe needs casual and dressy scarves to fit into the standards of various occasions, whether formal or casual.
- Most dressier scarves for women are designed primarily to make a fashion statement rather than to serve as a layer of protection against the cold, snow or wind.
- Generally, these scarves are worn and styled with both business attire and casual outfits and feature a broad range of patterns, florals and prints. You need many of these printed scarves, ladies!
- A casual wear scarf is generally made of linen and cotton, while scarves for dressier occasions look more elegant and are made of wool, cashmere, merino, silk and alpaca.
Pay Attention To The Details Of the Scarves You Are Buying!
- When buying a scarf, we all want something that stands out and creates an elevated style because a scarf is a small accessory, so it should pop up our look!
- You can buy an animal-printed scarf, a polka dot one, plaid scarves, and chiffon scarves UK, and the list is endless.
- You must also pay attention to the texture, knitting and stitching of the scarf so that it is distinguished from your clothes.
- You can also look for sequined scarves, embellished ones, and embroidered ones too.